Saturday, August 14, 2010

my boyfriend, the super nerd.

My boyfriend is a super nerd. Well okay, he's not a super nerd, but he likes a lot of nerdy things. And hey, don't get me wrong...I have nothing against nerdy things. {I think I just like calling him a super nerd}
One of his nerdalicious things to do is play the card game Magic The Gathering with our other male friends, (while the female significant others look on disapprovingly, trying to find something else to entertain themselves with).

One of my latest ventures (because I do so love taking on random crafty conquests) is making a custom d12 for him. A d12 is basically just a 12-sided die that he uses to keep track of....something....(I have no idea)...in the game.

I made a mold with another d12 out of the Sculpey Mold Maker material, which is totally awesome by the way and a lot of fun to work with! I had a lot of trouble at first lining the two sides together to form one piece. But in the end, I'm really happy with how it came out. I'll probably make a quick little tutorial the next time I make another die, as this first one was basically just a practice run. I didn't think it would come out as nicely as it did!
The die on the left is the one I made from sculpey clay, then painted black and added the white numbers. The blue die on the right is the one I used to make a mold from.
Not too bad, if I do say so myself.
Also, they're actually both the same size, despite the optical illusion of the photo.

No comments: