Thursday, February 24, 2011

Illustration Friday - Layer

This week's Illustration Friday word is "layer". I immediately thought of nice, fluffy, warm sweater layers for this crappy cold weather we've been having. But I decided to go in another direction. Not unlike me, really. Food. And cats. It's all I ever think about.
I didn't get a chance to color it just yet. I also don't recommend eating a cat sandwich...living or otherwise. However, this illustration rings true, as many a time have I found a cat hair in my food. I'm sure other cat lovers can say the same, while everyone else is saying "eww!"

6 comments:

Mercedes said...

Woah this illustration is soo cute! Would make a super cute colouring book haha. (Im not really tempted to print it out & colour it in >...<)

Looking forward to seeing it done. Aswell with the cat hair in the food...Yer all the time haha.

magicbeanbuyer said...

Thanks! Yeah, a lot of people say that...that my illustrations would make a good coloring book. That's my favorite part...the line drawing!

SaraLynnArt said...

This is so cute I let out an audible "awww" when I saw it!

magicbeanbuyer said...

aw thank you! I prefer awws over ewws any day.

Sweetflutterbys3 said...

My daughter loves cats (she is obsessed with the Warrior Cats series) so I have to show her your illustration. She is going to love it!

magicbeanbuyer said...

hehe...she'll be happy to hear I'm obsessed with cats too and draw them all the time. So they'll probably pop up on my blog a good deal!