Sunday, November 20, 2011

displaying figurines

I've had people ask me before "what is it?" "what do you do with it?", when talking about my figurines.  I didn't think they would be such cause for confusion.  Set them on your shelf with your other trinkets & bits.  Put one on your desk to cheer you up when you're feeling sad.  Set one next to the coffee maker, because you can.  It's your figurine...you can do whatever you want with it!

Anyways...this is how I display some of my figurines.  It's one of those vintage printer's letterpress drawers, that I hung on the wall.  It has a really cool drawer handle on the bottom.  There's a ton for sale on Etsy, but they're all so expensive.  $60 for an old drawer?  Sorry, no.  I appreciate good vintage and antiques, but just because something is "in", doesn't mean you can jack up the price.  Excuse me while I go buy a brand new dresser with all the drawers for $60 instead. (ok, maybe not exactly, but you get the idea)
I got this one for about $20 on Ebay. There's a small break in one of the compartments that I plan on sanding down, but I always forget it's there.  You can't even tell from afar.


It's a mixture of ones I've made, and toys the boy and I have collected over the years.  Mostly the ones I have from me, are tests or rejects.  Like the little Sundae kitty...you can't tell, but he has a broken neck!  So sad.  And that little green pocket kitty up top.  Way too small to sell.  I thought, hey maybe...but nah.  The regular pocket kitties are already cheap enough.
 I had planned on selling that lil grenade, next to the blue pocket kitty, but he just looks so cute on my shelf.  I'll probably just make more one day.


2 comments:

Greener Pastures--A City Girl Goes Country said...

These are the things that someday will be worth money when someone digs them up at an estate sale. Funny I was not only looking at that picture, but commented on this drawer as well!

magicbeanbuyer said...

haha...yeah!