Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Unemployed - Day 3

I came to a realization today. I was busily gathering information to send away samples of my work to piles of companies in hopes that one of them would notice me. I picked up a book I had sitting around about careers in commercial and graphic art. After flipping through it, I remembered these books are all the same. First I should ask myself do I want to go into fine art or commercial art, I should make a portfolio, I should send samples, I should send follow-up samples, then I should wish for a miracle. That's when I noticed the yellow star graphic on the front of the book.. "More than 2 million books sold!"

That's where the money is!! Not in making the art, but in selling bullshit books about getting careers in art. Man, it was right in front of my face all this time!

Eh, who am I kidding...back to the drawing board (no, really).

No comments: