Thursday, January 31, 2008

Unemployed - Day...what day am I on?

I finished another drawing. I've been trying to be a good artist and actually do art everyday. I joined a group on Flickr called 365 Sketch and you're supposed to post a picture of a sketch or something of the like each day to help motivate/inspire you to draw everyday. I'm on day two and I already almost forgot. If it hadn't been for my typing these words in this here blog I would have. I need to make some lists of things to remember. And then some lists of my lists and so on and so forth. I can't even write things to remember on my hands anymore because I forget to look at my hands. Anyways...here is my latest creation...


I'm thinking she needs a proper background. But I don't want to take away from the main subject. I don't know. I need some input. I'm so indecisive. I think I'm becoming a fan of the brown outline though. This is the second one of my drawings where I used brown. It looks a little less harsh, or bold. More natural? I don't know. More soft? I'm not sure how to describe it.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I consider myself a good artist too but I haven't done a lick of 'art' in a couple of weeks, no, I haven't been working a day job or looking for one, I live alone surrounded by art supplies and have a pet tree but I know it's only a matter of time before I begin a creative streak and start expressing what has been formulating in my subconcious while it looks like I've done very little.
:) I like the brown btw!@

Greener Pastures--A City Girl Goes Country said...

I don't know--I'd have to see her with a background to know if that would be better or not. Polka dots in the background? Same thing with the brown. It looks great but I don't know how it would look without the brown or with another color.

She's really adorable.

magicbeanbuyer said...

The next girl I'm working on has a background. I'll get to listing it soon!