Sunday, March 2, 2008

I was featured!


I was featured in a magazine! And all it took was having my jewelry listed on Etsy. At least that's what I believe it was. At the time I wasn't promoting my shop too much, so really there was no way for someone to find me except by possibly luck or word of mouth. Sometime in November I had a buyer that purchased a handful of all green-themed jewelry from me. I distinctly remembered it because I thought it was awesome that there was another green lover out there somewhere.

Then recently I was contacted by a lady to let me know some of my jewelry was being used in their magazine! Once I saw what it was, that's when I realized it was this same buyer! How super crazy awesome amazing! I received a hard copy in the mail yesterday. It was only then that I realized this was totally for real! There's so many scammers out there, it's hard to be trusting. My first instinct was "ok...where do I enter my credit card number.."

It's such a great opportunity for free advertising, and the magazine looks awesome. It's a young teen type of mag. More wholesome than say CosmoGirl, and a lot more interesting in my opinion. This is exactly the type of audience I like to market my jewelry to. On one of the pages there's a girl with a big poofy tutu and colorful rainboots wearing one of my necklaces in the fashion section. It's so surreal to see my creation being worn in print! You can find the magazinehere.

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congrats on the feature! I'm a "green" lover too!

UniqueNurseGranny said...

What a treat.Your work deserves it.

Callooh Callay said...

Congratulations! I can't imagine how cool that is. Your jewelry is so cute, nice to get some recognition.

Unknown said...

oh my! super super super congratulations! neat work :)
and those made an awesome feature! well done you :)

your little dumplins are simply adorable, and guess what? i love polka dots and totoro too!

magicbeanbuyer said...

Thanks so much you guys!

Tizzalicious said...

That's so cool! :D Congrats! I bet the sales will be rolling in!

Denise said...

Congratulations!

Unknown said...

Lucky you!

Anonymous said...

congrats. That's great. love that it's all because of your love for green. and your amazing talent!

Anonymous said...

That is fabulous news! Congratulations!!

Greener Pastures--A City Girl Goes Country said...

Your stuff is so cute, it's no wonder!

Cakespy said...

No way!! Congratulations! You totally deserve it, your stuff makes me want to faint it is so exceedingly excellent!!

magicbeanbuyer said...

Thank you everyone! My roommates have started calling me "Big Time" to the tune of that song by Peter Gabriel.