Monday, April 21, 2008

bedtime.

Why didn't anyone tell me that I can never escape a bedtime no matter how old I get? Whether I'm told to, like when I was younger, or nowadays when my body literally starts shutting down like a computer. Programs start shutting down, hard drives start powering off, the monitor shuts off. It's ridiculous. I'm almost 25 and I'm passing out at 10 o'clock. How am I supposed to get anything done in a day when my body wants to spend at least half of it sleeping? My body and I aren't really on the same page.

This past weekend I heard the birds chirping and I wrote it down to remember to document it later because it was so funny. "pretty pretty prit prit prit prit" Imagine that in a chirpy bird voice, because that's what it sounded like for hours. I always imagine the birds are saying actual words...it's kind of annoying. They sound desperate, searching for a mate the length of the day. My mind tends to wander also, and I imagine a boy bird, lonely, searching for a girl bird and all the other birds are paired off and he's sitting there all alone chirping..saying the same phrase over and over, hoping someone will pay attention to him. I know, I'm crazy.

I chopped off my hair yesterday. I don't know what's wrong with me and my hair. I'm never satisfied with it. I always want to change it. Whether it's by dyeing or styling, it never ends. I tried to dye it platinum today as well. I'll take pictures tomorrow. It's not quite as light as I wanted, but it's an awesome shade of ash blonde, so I'm happy. ....for now...maybe.

As for a bit of crafty business, I've had my hands full with custom orders. It's been tough trying to work on my "series" of Lil Dumplins and the customs at the same time. But I will prevail! I'm still very hesitant to settle on a new name for the Lil Dumplins. Mainly because once I choose, then that's it, I'm not changing it again. I also realized I'm a moron and the business cards that I recently ordered say "Lil Dumplins, Art and Accessories". Not exactly the best time to be renaming my Lil Dumplins, now is it. But that's alright, I'll work it out.

Oh! And I came across an awesome website chock full of how-to's for jewelry, housewares, food and who knows what else (i haven't done a thorough investigation just yet..). Real people upload their tutorials and a lot of them have pictures and diagrams. I think it's really great that people are willing to share their skills with others. Maybe I'll add something one day...if I ever have the time! I love to be helpful when I can. Cut Out + Keep

2 comments:

Penelope said...

I'm the opposite of you with regard to sleep- right now it's ten to 4 in the morning and I'm still wide-awake, wondering what project I can involve myself in.

I'm with you on the birds though. Sometimes I feel so bad for them that I answer back, and then I get tired of it and stop and they keep going and then I feel even worse because I'm not answering back! I feel guilty that they're out there thinking 'was it something I said?'

Greener Pastures--A City Girl Goes Country said...

God punished you about the sleeping because you used to give me a hard time when you were little and I wanted to take a nap. You couldn't understand it. Now see.

Birds DO make noises like words. We have a whipporwill here. He actually says, "Whipporwill! Whipporwill! Whipporwill!" Every night we hear him. It comes from the same direction. He probably has a home in a particular tree. He's still looking for his mate. He'll find someone.