Tuesday, August 26, 2008

How to be a Cat Lady

I always said I'd be a cat lady when I have a house of my own and a big yard and I won't have to worry if the cats are getting run over or lost.



Last night I heard some yowling outside my screen door and sitting there waiting to be let inside was a charming orange cat. He was a little skinny, but SO nice. He wouldn't come inside (not that I could let him because my two spoiled inside kitties wouldn't allow it), but his meows were so vocal I could swear he was saying "come outside and play with me!". I'm still not convinced he's a stray even though Lou says he must be. He lets me pet his tummy and he doesn't appear to have fleas or other buggies. Plus he responds to the "pssw psww" sound you make to get a kitty's attention. Although..I did spy a large set of *hm hmms*, and most [responsible]people nowadays get their kitties fixed. I gave him some dry food and water and he inhaled it and hung around for a while longer before disappearing into the night.

Then today I heard that same yowling and there he was at my screen door. "Hey I'm back!" I gave him some more food and water and we hung out for a little while. Lou said "oh great, now he'll never go away". But I don't mind. It's like I have a no-maintenance outside cat...who I'm feeding "inside cat chow".

If he comes back tomorrow, then I'll give him a nickname. Like Harold, or maybe Franklin. We'll see..





8 comments:

Rosebud Collection said...

Isn't she a pretty cat? Hey, why would she leave, she knows she has a good thing going..food/water and a person that cares..I said "she", I hope I got that right.

magicbeanbuyer said...

lol...he's a he. He has a rather large set of you know whats. He's like a big tom cat. It's cute.

Jaimee McClellan said...

We had a similar instance...we named him GUS! He was the largest Siamese Cat on Earth. I think he had the whole "cute kitty" bit down pat and had the whole neighborhood feeding him.

Lemon Shortbread said...

Actually I hope the cat returns, he does sound very friendly!

Greener Pastures--A City Girl Goes Country said...

Aw, he's adorable. I bet someone abandoned him--he's friendly but he's skinny. Poor thing. Why don't people spay and neuter their pets?!

www.GreenerPastures--ACityGirlGoesCountry.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

You won my contest over at the Roxycraft blog!
shoot me an email:
roxy @ Roxycraft. com
with your address and I'll ship it out to you ASAP!

Barrel Racer Kelly said...

he is cute jam, id put up found posters and if nobody takes him id keep him.

Rosebud Collection said...

when you have a chance, please visit my blog..thanks.