Tuesday, September 2, 2008

rubber stamps....my new interest?

Well I had myself a nice long holiday weekend. It involved crafting and a large helping of videogames. For once I managed to play and not feel guilty that I was wasting my time or I had something I needed to get done. It was so lovely.

But relaxing aside..I managed to carve myself up an ever so cute stamp from a linoleum block. [on my break from work. remember? this is the only time I have to myself] I'd been meaning to play around with linoleum for a while now [since college when I took printmaking]. But who has the time? I forgot how satisfying it is to carve away slices.



I was thinking of making some to sell. But I have to find a better material to work with. This block that I have is like butter. Nice and easy to cut into, but I'm not sure how durable it would be in the long run.


I also added some more things to the shop. My camera is still acting up, so it's been difficult. I literally have a mountain of things waiting ever so patiently to be listed.







8 comments:

Grooveycrafts said...

I came by your blog the other day when you commented on mine and got side tracked by your gorgeous shop. I was chatting to a friend and she also fell in love with it. You have such cute items :).

I think we all need breaks often :P, I had 6 weeks off for the summer and it doesn't feel like it at all and I lazed around pretty much :). I love that rubberstamp though, so cute and definately something I'd use.

Jamie Ferraioli said...

aw thank you! ooh I wish I had 6 weeks off! That would have been amazing. But of course it would go by in the blink of an eye as well!

Tizzalicious said...

I love the stamp! Very cute :)

Lemon Shortbread said...

ooh another cupcake, simply in love with those! oh yes please be sure to check out my blog today ;)

GumballGrenade said...

Love the cupcake stamp! I just had a chance to make up a stamp as well this weekend! I'll have to post an article about it. I used a product called speedy stamp made by speedball. It worked out great. I just mounted it on a scrap piece of wood and now use it to dress up my print mailers!

shells said...

Oooooh, the cupcake stamp is awesome, as is the pendant! I came across your blog on the etsy forums and thought I'd pop in and say hi :) Hope you're having a great week!

ismoyo said...

Your cupcake stamp looks too cute! Hooray for carving!

Debi Kelly Van Cleave said...

Everyone needs to just do nothing and recharge their batteries. Especially artists.

Love the cupcakes.

www.GreenerPastures--ACityGirlGoesCountry.blogspot.com