Monday, July 27, 2009

cookie brooches & etsy updates!


I'm starting to enter another one of my crochet/knitting phases. I'm always going through crafty phases. Poly clay is my number one, but I always flip flop between crochet, knitting, rubber stamping, beading, sewing and cooking. I like doing everything, I can't help it!

Last night I made a couple of "sugar cookie" brooches with some spare yarn. I have a ton that's just been lying around. I think they came out pretty well, seeing as I just whiped them out of nothing. No patterns. Not that circles are very hard. But still!

I was thinking of listing them in my shop [eventually]. I just have to get the settings right on my camera to actually pick up the detail of the brooch when I have it on, instead of washing it out entirely.

They DO look like sugar cookies right?

Also, maybe before I list them, I'll try to build up a small collection of some other crocheted foody goodness. That way my shop doesn't look strange with just one crocheted cookie among my many clay figurines. We'll see how long my crochet phase lasts first.



I also finished listing my SnoCone Plinis in my shop today [along with a few other extras]. I feel accomplished! Now I can sit back and relax for a second. Which now that I think about it, might be why I like crocheting so much. I can literally sit back on the couch and relax while I work.

1 comment:

Greener Pastures--A City Girl Goes Country said...

I'd like to learn how to crochet or knit because it might help me quit smoking.

The sugar cookies kind of GO with your Plinis. Everything's so sweet and full of goodness and innocent fun.

www.GreenerPastures--ACityGirlGoesCountry.blogspot.com